Charleston Personal Injury Attorney

An accident has intensified an existing injury. What should you do?

March 22nd, 2017 Posted by Car Accidents
If you’ve been injured through no fault of your own and the accident has intensified an existing injury, there are several things you should keep in mind.

First, don’t think you have less of a case just because the injury existed before the accident.  In fact, you may have more of one.

Second, you should treat this intensified injury the same way you would a new injury. Legally speaking, re-injuring yourself through the fault of someone else could be even more expensive than the first injury.

Third, after seeking necessary medical treatment, you should immediately consult with an attorney.  They will be able to tell you whether or not you pursue legal action. Many times, the attorney will refer you to a specialist who will give you the best possible medical advice on how to recoup from this incident. The specialist will work directly with the attorney to determine the cost of any treatment so the attorney can file an insurance claim against the at-fault party. The attorney will then work with you to determine whether any other claims are necessary.

Has this injury kept you out of work?  Kept you from taking that vacation you had planned?  Prevented you from exercising?  Prevented you from enjoying your daily life?  Prevented you from playing with the kids and/or grandkids?  Made you irritable and frustrated?  You should be compensated for that.

If you’ve been injured through no fault of your own, our job is to put you in a position to make a full comeback and come out stronger on the other side.  That’s what we do for our clients. Call us at 843-225-2520 or email us at for a free consultation.


Tags: , , , , ,

Contact Us