In South Carolina, we have a lot of fall festivals. It’s a great way to spend time with friends and family all while enjoying the cooler weather. While these events are fun, it’s important to think about a few things ahead of time.
Public events usually mean crowds. Here’s how to stay safe:
-Make sure you know where the exits are
-Wear closed-toe shoes to prevent tripping or other injuries
-Leave early or late to avoid the rush
-Keep a close eye on your children at all times
-Travel in pairs, especially if it’s dark outside
It’s best to figure out the best places to park prior to the event.
- Parking garages
- Accept cash and credit card payments
- Check out a list of city parking garages here.
- Metered Parking
- All street meters require payment Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m., this excludes Sunday and official city holidays.
- Look into getting a SmartCard. You can get back minutes you don’t use. Check it out here.
- Free Parking
- The Battery has limited spots, and they go fast, so always have a back up plan.
- Some restaurants offer free parking, but don’t stay all day or you will be towed.
It’s always better to be safe than sorry. Make sure to not leave personal or valuable items in your car. If you do, make sure they are hidden and not visible. Backpacks or cross-body purses are great for events because they are easier to keep track of and hands-free.
Here’s a few events happening this year: